27 January 2011

Days Like These...

Sometimes you just have those days. Days where nothing seems to go right. For me, that day is today. But at the same time, I am un-phased by it. I find it actually quite amusing! 

I woke up this morning to a lovely sounding alarm (not!) at 5:30am. This is because my day at the office was scheduled to start at 7 with a 2-hour advanced French class. I roll out of bed, thankful that the electricity is working so I don't have to be bothered by telling our security guards to turn on the generator, and head to the bathroom to brush my teeth. Mid brush, the water runs out. Oh no! Thank goodness I keep a bottle of water under the sink! But today is a'washing hair' day. And yep, its out all over the house. Crap. Looks like no shower for me. And that would have been so lovely, so early in the morning. Thankfully bottled water can be used to wash a little...

My flatmate decides to not come with me at this time, in order to get more sleep (jealous). Hey, at least its kinda fun driving a landrover by myself. Might have been a little bit of car dancing... 

Show up for French, 1 other student shows up. We sit for 30min and nothing. No teacher. No other students. Gah! So early for no reason! Ugh. Well, at least I got to have plenty of coffee...

Go to my desk. Start work. Headphones in, as they help me concentrate. But wait! I can't hear the words anymore. That's odd. Oh wait. My headphones which have been threatening to break for a while have actually broken. Ugh. And no where to get headphones in Haiti! (or at least they would be super expensive). Will I have to survive without them until the end of March when I go to LA??? Oh wait, colleague is leaving today to DC for the weekend and she graciously agrees to buy me a cheap pair at Target or CVS or something. Score! 

Gotta 'run errands' around the office. Stop by to chat with someone and complain about my headphones. Wait! He just happens to have an extra (crappy) pair. But hey, they work! Awesome! Will last me until my new cheap pair comes! Freak yeah!

Still. At the same time, I really just wish I was doing this again:
Turks & Caicos last weekend. *Post coming soon
So, today, everything has gone wrong. BUT at the same time, everything has gone right too...

Not bad :)

No comments:

Post a Comment